2008年12月10日 星期三

blog#10

Name: Webb
Number:49712054
Reaction Article#10
Date:10/12/2008
From: The New York Times
My reaction:
According to BEN SHPIGEL’s “For $37 Million, Mets Get a Closer With Charisma”, he exposed the phenomenon that players in the major actually faces and gave us little impression of what the inner system of the major baseball league like.
When firstly I saw the topic of the this article, I was most attracted by its interesting opening “$37 Million.” I wondered if any corporation would that high price just for a baseball player. But I thought it more deeply not only for the player himself but also for the company which could afford it, I realized that they, the company, was willing to pay that high price because the fame and the extra revenue the corporation got was much more uncountable if that prestigious professional player joined them.
Our country also has a famous player who had rolled around in the minor league in America for a number of years and he is a national hero now called “Wang” or even “Tiger Wang” by the New Yorker. I still clearly remembered he was prompted to the higher level by the year 2005. At that time, I did not really identify with his pitching ability but never had I thought he could stand erectly in the major Yankees where there is full of ferocious competition despite of now or ever.
I think every player definitely worth their price. Because the arm they used for earning their living could not be used for such a long time as 10 or 20 years so just like doctor profession they just earn the future that other also will get for after many years.

沒有留言: